Office for Research Help Desk
The Office for Research (OR) Help Desk provides technical application support for OR applications, and general IT support for the OR staff.
Technical application support is also available to university faculty and support teams, but is limited to eIRB, Granite, ISIS and other OR supported applications.
Users can search our knowledge base of frequently asked questions (FAQs), via the web portal, prior to entering a request.
Our mission is to manage requests and facilitate communication so that users
can get answers to their questions.
Phone: (847) 491-8080
Web portal: http://www.orhelp.northwestern.edu
The OR Help Desk is located at the Office of Research Information Systems, 1801 Maple St, Suite 2452e (Evanston campus)
Standard Phone Support Hours
- Monday through Friday
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, excluding standard University holidays.
- NetID support available via NUIT Support Center @ x1-HELP (847) 491-4357
- Voice mail available for calls after 5:00 p.m.
- ORIS support will have one regular representative available during standard office hours to field and dispatch requests.
- A back-up will be available for overflow.
- Requests submitted via the web or email will be assigned and/or automatically routed to the appropriate subject specialist or department contact.
- Assignment will take place within two to four hours, during standard business hours.
- Automated acknowledgements are emailed immediately and direct contact within 24 hours.
- Requests received after 5:00 p.m. are assigned the following business day morning.
- The time period to resolve an issue will vary depending on the nature and complexity of the problem.
- Support services available to OR staff and current NU faculty involved in approved research, utilizing ORIS applications.
- Hardware support for OR purchased/owned equipment. (OR staff only)
- Windows and Mac business computers and laptops.
- PDAs & Smartphone
- Printers, scanners and plotters
- Associated peripherals (mice and keyboards)
- Video Conference room equipment set-up and troubleshooting
- Feature, functionality and quality assurance support for ORIS applications.
- University purchased business software application support.
- MS Office 2007
- Virus protection
- Meeting Maker
- Browsers: IE, Firefox and Safari